The Utah Land Use Institute was created in 2007. It’s mission is to raise the professionalism of those involved in the land use arena, including planning and legal professionals, civic leaders, and citizens. We sponsor an annual fall conference, periodic seminars on various topics, and offer publications both electronically and in print through this website.
Key Supporters of the Utah Land Use Institute:
- The S. J. & Jessie E. Quinney Foundation
- Real Property Section, Utah State Bar
- Utah League of Cities and Towns
- Utah Association of Realtors
- Salt Lake Association of Realtors
- Utah Chapter, American Planning Association
Fall Conference 2017
- What do city and county leaders wish developers understood about the land use process?
- What do developers wish city and county leaders understood about development?
- Can development pay its own way? What are the options to achieve that?
- How are we to respond to recent impact fee cases and developments?
- What’s brewing for the 2018 legislative session?
- The Ombudsman – 20 years and counting.
- Development bonds and sureties – ins and outs.
- The relative roles of licensing and land use regulations to manage businesses.
- Regulating signs, group homes, vapor shops and other uses subject to state and federal standards.
- Has the Conditional Use Permit outlived its usefulness?
Join our distinguished presenters and commentators as we discuss what’s happening now in the land use arena.
Fall Conference Tentative Program Details – DraftProg17
Conference Flyer – as Mailed – Flyer17